Dallas Cowboys Offseason 2017

• Interessante Punkte in der neuen Peter-King Columne:

On Tony Romo

This is just my opinion, but what if Romo is enjoying the family life (he is married, with two children, and a third on the way), realizes he wants to continue to live in Dallas, and thinks maybe it wouldn’t be so bad on 20 weekends a year to leave home Friday morning, get home Sunday night, do something he knows he’d be good at (talking about football in an amiable and intelligent way), and be able to make $2 million a year (at the very least). He will be smart enough to know he can’t just walk into a big-time booth without some knowledge whether he’d be good right away, and I expect he’d do his homework on that, if he hasn’t already.
    But I do not dismiss the TV stuff. I understand it. Romo loves talking about football. In Dallas’ training camp in 2015, he spent 30 or 40 minutes after our interview one afternoon talking to me about quarterback mechanics and the art of playing the position in language easily understandable, not all football-ese. When I think of Romo, I think of a guy who, if he chooses TV, will make a good living for a long time explaining the NFL game to people. Who knows whether that will happen, but I do think it has to be tempting for Romo when a pretty big TV offer (or more than one) comes his way—knowing that this job or one like it may not be open in 2018 or 2019.

Zitat von Peter King

On DeMarcus Ware:

Ware’s first NFL coach, Bill Parcells, sent him a text this week upon his retirement from football. It read:
    “Not bad for a wide receiver from Auburn High School. Pretty good career.”
    True story: Ware played wideout at Auburn (Ala.) High School, and the local Auburn Tigers didn’t recruit him.

“DeMarcus was a defensive end at Troy,” Parcells said Saturday. He was coaching the Cowboys, and owner Jerry Jones, of course, had final say on the draft. “We were going to make him a linebacker. I’m not crazy about projections picked that high in the first round. I would rather have taken a lineman. But Jerry and them wanted to take him. Thank God they did.”

Zitat von Peter King

On Brandon Carr:

I wanted to point out three things about Carr, a player I’ve grown to admire not because he’s a top 10 corner; he’s, in fact, a marginal
    starter. But he goes to Baltimore for two years and $12 million (though it was listed as a four-year deal), and here’s why he’ll be missed:
    Carr has played nine seasons since being a fifth-round pick out of Grand Valley (Mich.) State in 2008 by Kansas City. Games played: 148. Games started: 148. Games missed due to injury: zero.

No cornerback has started more games over the past nine years.

In all five seasons as a Cowboy, Carr led the secondary in snaps played. In order: 1,043, 1,148, 1,028, 1,072, 1,013.
    The best Dallas cover guy remaining, nickel back Orlando Scandrick, has missed 14 games over the past five seasons.

Moral of the story: In football, one of the most important parts of ability is availability, and the Cowboys will miss that. Baltimore understands Carr, especially in his 10th year, will need safety help quite often. But the Ravens also know he’s a feisty player they can count on for the next two seasons, at least.

Und die traurigste Meldung: Dwight Clark ("The Catch) ist an ALS erkrankt. War zwar vor meiner Zeit als Cowboy, dennoch ist er als Rivale natürlich bekannt. Auf diesem Weg gute Besserung und möge die Krankheit nur sehr, sehr langsam voranschreiten. Vielleicht findet man ja auch bald endlich ein Mittel zur Heilung.

aikman -> Chrizly (Namensänderung 3.2. 2023)

"So this is how I remember saying goodbye to Bilbo," [a raccoon he had as a kid] Leach wrote. "He wandered 10 yards away or so from the truck, and then he turned and looked at us and kind of had this expression like, 'It was nice knowing ya.' It was this moment where like, both I knew and he knew that we’d had some good times, but this was it. It was onward and upward for both of us."

Mike Leach, Coaching Legend (*1961 +2022)

• Ich habe den Catch leider schon als Cowboys Fan sehen müssen, aber natürlich trotzdem alles Gute an Clark.
    Hört sich allerdings mit Heilungschancen nicht so gut an ...

FF World Champion (2019, 2017, 2013, 2012), OFL Champion (2020)

Record: 6 Time NFL-Talk Fantasy Football Champion

• Ich hoffe das bleibt auch so und wir gehen mit Dak Prescott und Kellen Moore in die Saison. Auf den teuren Vet QB, der wenn er mal gebraucht wird, nix bringt kann ich gerne drauf verzichten. Was haben wir da in den letzten Jahren schon für Witzbolde gehabt :cursing:

andthentherewasfootball.jpg

• War abzusehen, da das mehr als ein Capmove ist denn ihn sehr viel länger zu halten. Ich denke mal, dass der Vertrag so strukturiert sein wird, dass er nach zwei Jahren ohne finanzielle Repressalien in den verdienten Ruhestand gehen kann.

• Die Cowboys haben zudem die Verträge von Linehan, Marinelli und Special-Teams Coach Bisaccia verlängert - deren Contracts wären alle nach der letzten Saison ausgelaufen. Garantiert natürlich nicht deren Verbleib, vor allem Linehan dürfte sicher bei einer weiteren solchen Saison wie der letzten irgendwann auch mal wieder eine erneute Chance als HC bekommen.

"So this is how I remember saying goodbye to Bilbo," [a raccoon he had as a kid] Leach wrote. "He wandered 10 yards away or so from the truck, and then he turned and looked at us and kind of had this expression like, 'It was nice knowing ya.' It was this moment where like, both I knew and he knew that we’d had some good times, but this was it. It was onward and upward for both of us."

• Keine Überraschung: Escobar verlässt uns Richtung Kansas City. Hat leider in Dallas nie den Draftstatus rechtfertigen können. War als Receiving TE eingeschätzt, aber dafür zu selten in Erscheinung getreten. Blocking war eh unterdurchschnittlich. Mal sehen ob man die Position im Draft angeht oder tatsächlich Gathers schon als bereit ansieht.

• schefter:

Tony Romo is leaving football and going into broadcasting, even with Dallas planning to release him today, sources tell @toddarcher and me.

------
    Live gesehen:
    Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs,LA Chargers, LA Rams, Las Vegas Raiders, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, NY Giants, NY Jets, New Orleans Saints, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Francisco 49ers

• macht es cap technisch einen Unterschied ob sie ihn entlassen oder er retired/ins tv geht?

------
    Live gesehen:
    Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs,LA Chargers, LA Rams, Las Vegas Raiders, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, NY Giants, NY Jets, New Orleans Saints, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Francisco 49ers

• Das wäre sehr gut. Dann kann er seine Gesundheit schützen und wie schon gesagt wurde, ich kann ihn mir ziemlich gut als Reporter vorstellen.

Bezüglich des Cap Space habe ich folgendes gefunden:
    Tony Romo will retire from the NFL, according to multiple sources, and begin a career as a broadcaster. The Cowboys were planning to release Romo Tuesday, marking him as a post-June 1 designation, according to ESPN. This means instead of $24.7 million hitting their salary cap now, $10.7 million will hit this year and $8.9 million in 2018.
    The Cowboys held onto Romo despite it being clear he would not be on the team in 2017. They tried to build a trade market for his services, but ESPN reported early into this offseason Romo would have broadcasting options, including alleged offers from FOX and CBS to join their studio crews.
    Apparently, that’s what’s going to happen. And the Cowboys are right to make him a post-June 1 release, meaning, they can split the remaining salary cap debt between this season and next season.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mizzery (4. April 2017 um 14:56)

• Irgendwie ist es doch das Beste. Auch wenn ich es ewig Schade finde, dass er nie einen SuperBowl erreicht hat, geschweige denn gewonnen. Sein letzter TD von 248 (Cowboys Rekord) ist also der in Philadelphia. Das ist auch irgendwie poetic justice, nachdem dort ja auch seine Karriere endgülitig den letzten Knicks nach unten bekam.

Danke Tony für alles! Franchise-Leader in TDs und Passing Yards.

Clutch as clutch can be:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8kuqSMXgAEe8G_.jpg
    (Quelle: SportsCenter)

Passer-Rating? Nur Brady und Rodgers mit besseren All-Time Zahlen:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8ktzB6XUAUiKqF.jpg
    (Quelle: NFL.com)

248 TDs:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8ka5fWXsAA3uiE.jpg

(Quelle: NFL.com)

Alle 4th Quarter Comebacks in einem Video:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Chrizly (4. April 2017 um 18:53)

• Sind schon ganz schön große Fußstapfen, in die Dak da treten muß ... Romo war neben Ware und Witten wohl die prägendste Figur der Cowboys in den letzten zehn Jahren ... letztendlich schön, daß er es selber entscheidet, daß und wann er aufhört (Möglichkeiten zur sportlichen Weiterbeschäftigung - Houston, evtl. Denver - hätte es ja gegeben).

• Romo retired. Habe ihn immer gemocht und finde es gut das er nicht zu einem anderen Team geht. Ist schon irgendwie krass was da für eine Generation Quarterbacks so langsam in Rente geht (P. Manning, Romo) bzw. in den kommenden Jahren gehen wird (Brady, Rivers, E. Manning, BigBen)

Freue mich schon darauf Romo als Experten bei den Übertragungen zu sehen. Denke das wird ziemlich gut. :thumbup:

• Ich haette Romo gerne noch ein Jahr oder zwei in Houston gesehen. Hat nicht sollen sein. Immerhin erloest er uns von Phil Simms als Main Color Commentator. Dafuer schon mal Danke,

-- Die zweite Heirat ist der Triumph der Hoffnung über die Erfahrung --

• aikman -> Chrizly (Namensänderung 3.2. 2023)

• 2 playoff wins..

Zero sense..

• 2017 Dallas Cowboys Training Camp Tentative Key Dates

Sat., July 22: Team Charter arrives at Pt. Mugu
    Sun., July 23: Opening press conference (11:00 a.m. PDT)
    Mon., July 24: First practice - full roster (3:45 p.m. PDT)
    Wed., Aug. 2: Team travels to Canton, Ohio
    Thurs., Aug. 3: Hall of Fame Game Dallas vs. Arizona (7:00 p.m. CDT)
    Sat., Aug. 5: Hall of Fame Enshrinement
    Mon., Aug. 7: Practice Resumes (Oxnard, Calif.)
    Aug. 11-13: Dallas @ Los Angeles, LA Memorial Coliseum
    Fri., Aug. 18:Break camp in Oxnard - travel to Dallas
    Aug. 18-20: Dallas vs. Indianapolis, AT&T Stadium
    Mon., Aug. 21-Tue. Aug. 29: Training camp resumes at The Star in Frisco
    Aug. 25-27: Dallas vs. Oakland, AT&T Stadium
    Thurs., Aug. 31: Dallas @ Houston, NRG Stadium

5 Pre-Season Games da wir das 'Hall Of Game' dieses Jahr spielen. Viele Möglichkeiten also junge Spieler zu testen.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Chrizly (11. April 2017 um 00:10)