Indianapolis Colts Offseason Thread

• Na, dann werde ich auch mal was zu den Colts bringen

Dallas Desperados
    Kubiak Signs With Colts

Desperados quarterback Jim Kubiak broke the Arena Football League's all-time single season passing record this season with 4,762 yards. His real reward arrived late Tuesday night when he signed a free-agent contract with the Indianapolis Colts, who officially announced the signing on Wednesday.

The former Naval Academy quarterback led the Desperados to a 10-6 record and their first Central Division title this season, completing an AFL record 69.7 percent of his passes and throwing for 97 touchdowns. In 31 AFL games at quarterback, Kubiak has completed 65.9 percent of his passes for 9,043 yards and 172 touchdowns.

That was enough to convince the Colts to give Kubiak his third chance with the team, a chance the 31-year-old quarterback had been hoping to receive after a successful AFL season.

"I love football," said Kubiak, who signed a three-year minimum deal that included a $15,000 signing bonus. "As long as there are opportunities, I'm going to pursue them.

Kubiak is making his third run through the Colts organization. He participated in training camp in 1998 before leaving to fulfill his Naval commitment. He re-signed with Indianapolis in 1999, but was allocated to the Barcelona Dragons of NFL Europe, and then was released by the Colts. Kubiak has also spent time with the New York Jets, Carolina Panthers and with the Amsterdam Admirals of NFL Europe.

This time, if the contract means anything, he should have a legitimate chance to stick with the club, which would be his objective.

"I want to come in here and play well," Kubiak said. "With my age and the experiences I've had, I think I'm a better player than I was in '98. I'm excited about the opportunity. You never know what can happen, so you keep plugging away."

This will give the Colts three quarterbacks behind starter Peyton Manning, and probably leave Kubiak battling with Brock Huard for the backup job. Kubiak's chances of making the team were enhanced with the release of third quarterback Jim Druckenmiller, who was sent packing by the Colts Wednesday.

[/b]

Emmitt Smith - The all time rushing leader ! Hall-of-Fame 2010 !!

• Eine sehr geile Nachricht. Der nächste grosse Navy-Spieler stösst in die NFL vor. Go Jim! :daumenho:

To win the game is great. To play the game is greater. But to love the game is the greatest of all.

A plaque inside the Palestra in Philly - one of College Basketball's greatest cathedrals.

• na da stehen aber schon ein paar Jahre zu buche.
    Wenn alles optimal laufen würde......mehr als # 3 wird wohl nicht drinn sein.

• Die Colts haben ausserdem Patti Venzke in ihr Trainingscamp eingeladen.

Dann mach ich eben mein eigenes Forum auf...mit Blackjack und Nutten!

• Erkenne denn die Cowboys keine guten Spieler mehr, auch wenn sie direkt vor der Hautür sind.
    Mensch einen QB hättet ihr doch gebrauchen können. :rolleyes:

• Der Herr Kubiak aus der Arena League! Die Colts sind da schon etwas seltsam ... mal reaktivieren sie Mark Rypien und jetzt sowas. Also ich würde ehrlich gesagt eher einen NFLE QB als auf einen Arena League QB als 3rd QB einsetzen. Gibts eh genug am Markt: Phil Stambaugh ist ohne Team oder ein Spergon Wynn etc.

naja

mfg

• Zitat von Mr. Snyder

Erkenne denn die Cowboys keine guten Spieler mehr, auch wenn sie direkt vor der Hautür sind.
    Mensch einen QB hättet ihr doch gebrauchen können. :rolleyes:

Die Cowboys gehen mit Ihren derzeitigen 3 QB's in die Saison.
    Carter/Hutchinson/Romo

• Der Herr Kubiak ist immerhin der Bruder von Broncos Offensive Coordinator Gary Kubiak.

Der hats in der NFL aber auch nur zum Backup geschafft. Er kam einfach nicht an der Nr. 7 vorbei! :D