Sean Taylor (Redskins Safety) Schussverletzung erlegen.

• Damit dies nicht nur im Team-Thread steht, wo eh nicht alle nachlesen:

Redskins Safety Sean Taylor wurde heute morgen in seinem Haus ins Bein geschossen und ist mit schweren Blutungen ins Krankenhaus eingeliefert worden. Sein Zustand wird als kritisch beschrieben. Die Polizei untersucht im Moment ob es ein Einbruch oder Raubüberfall war:

Zitat

Washington Redskins star safety Sean Taylor was shot in the leg at his home early Monday and was bleeding heavily, and police said he was in critical condition. They are investigating a possible robbery.

Officers were sent to Taylor's home at about 1:45 a.m. after his girlfriend called 911 and said he was shot in his lower body, Lt. Nancy Perez said. He was airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital, she said, but did not disclose how many times he was shot.

Richard Sharpstein, an attorney who represented Taylor in a criminal case, said the player's father told him his son had been shot in the leg and there was much bleeding because the femoral artery was severed.

Investigators were still interviewing the girlfriend and other relatives who were in the home to try to determine what happened, Perez said.

"It could have been a possible burglary; it could have been a possible robbery," Perez said. "It has not been confirmed as yet."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=…eo&confirm=true

Irgendwie sind mir das zu viele 'angeschossene' NFL-Spieler in der letzten Zeit, wenn man gerade noch den Verlust von Darrent Williams verdaut.

aikman -> Chrizly (Namensänderung 3.2. 2023)

"So this is how I remember saying goodbye to Bilbo," [a raccoon he had as a kid] Leach wrote. "He wandered 10 yards away or so from the truck, and then he turned and looked at us and kind of had this expression like, 'It was nice knowing ya.' It was this moment where like, both I knew and he knew that we’d had some good times, but this was it. It was onward and upward for both of us."

Mike Leach, Coaching Legend (*1961 +2022)

• naja. wenn du die aorta an der richtigen triffst, kann auch ein schuß ins bein tödlich folgen nach sich ziehen.

*Seeheim - proud to be a Steward - NFL-Talk Fantasy Football 2003 - 2011* :snif

• Da wohl die Oberschenkelschlagader getroffen wird is das alles andere als harmlos sondern absolut lebensbedrohlich.

[CENTER]
    Threesweeeeeeeeeep!!! Suck on that[/CENTER]

• Oh mann echt übel, hoffe mal er packt es und es hat keine ernsten Folgen für seine Karreriere er is noch sehr Jung und hat einiges zu zeigen.

Am Anfang dachte ich nur kein Wunder, Washington ist eine der gefährlichten Städte in Amerika, aber es ist ja in Florida passiert. In Washington wäre es wohl nicht das Bein gewesen. Ist schon krass wie hoch die Mordraten in Washinfton und Baltimore sind.

Baltimore wird ja auch Bodymore - Murderland (Maryland) genannt, wenn man die Mordrate von Baltimore auf eine Stadt wie Beispielsweie NY nimmt, müsste es in NY 3600-4000 Mordopfer pro Jahr geben. Baltimore hat dieses Jahr schon 270.

Finde es aber auch interesannt das er in Florida ist, wie lange bekommen die Spieler frei nach einem Spiel?

coldbeer

Chuck Norris kicks to Devin Hester

*sing*Nie mehr G-Liga, nie mehr nie mehr..., nie mehr G-Liga, nie mehr nie mehr*sing*
    *sing*Nie mehr F-Liga, nie mehr nie mehr..., nie mehr F-Liga, nie mehr nie mehr*sing*

• hab nur mal kurz durch das canes forum gelesen. und da klingt das alles sehr, sehr schlimm. seine karriere dürfte wohl vorbei sein.
    medien in miami berichten das er in künstlichen tiefschalf versetzt wurde.

• Habs grad eben erfahren...Sean du musst durchkommen...Mag ihn sehr auch wenn er ein schwieriger Charkter zu sein scheint. Ein richtig guter Spieler ist er zudem.

coldbeer: Denke er war in Florida weil er ja verletzt ist/war.

• Nachricht eines Miami Herald Reporters an einen Canes Fan, der das im Forum gepostet hat:

The Herald is working the story hard. Since I have covered Taylor since his playing days at Gulliver Prep in Coral Gables, I've been trying to find out as much information as I can through my high school connections. Here's what I've found out.

According to family and friends, Taylor was at home with his girlfriend and their young daughter when he heard a noise in the back of his house. He went to investigate and was supposedly shot in the groin, in an area where a lot of arteries are. The gunshot by the alleged robber has caused him to lose a lot of blood.

"From what I've heard from his family and I'm in constant contact with them from the hospital, he was shot in area where it is very difficult to operate," a Gulliver assistant football coach told me. "They think he's going to make it, but there's a fear his career is over. It's such a sad day around here. We're waiting by the phone to hear what's going on."

UPDATE (1:15 p.m.): That's what I got at 12:30 this afternoon. This was the latest update from the same assistant. "He's had surgery and he's out of it now. I'm not sure if he's going to have other procedure. But from what I hear he may not be able to play again. They think his career is over. He lost too much blood and apparently it affected his brain some. It just doesn't sound good and its going to be a long road back to recovery"

• Ich konnte ihn zwar nicht leiden seit er mal ejected wurde nachdem er Pittman ins Gesicht gespuckt hat, aber das ist echt heftig.
    Hoffentlich kommt er durch ohne bleibende Schäden. Ob seine Karriere dabei futsch ist, ist da relativ egal, vielmehr geht's um seine Freundin und vor allem seine kleine Tochter.
    Der wird's wurscht sein ob Daddy nochmal Football spielt, solange sie noch einen Daddy hat, der mit ihr spielen kann.

• Scheiße mann, das hört sich nicht gut an:

Zitat

Jason La Canfora of the Washington Post reports that Sean Taylor's lawyer describes the Redskins safety as "clinging to life" after losing massive amounts of blood when he was shot early this morning. Per the report, attorney Richard Sharpstein, speaking from Miami's Jackson Memorial Hospital, said Taylor is "nonresponsive and unconscious" and the doctors are "worried about a possible brain injury or death."

Sharpstein described Taylor's family and doctors as worrying that Taylor may have lost oxygen to the brain as a result of blood loss from being shot in the femoral artery in the thigh.

"They're waiting to see if he comes to," Sharpstein said. "Right now he's clinging to life and we're all praying he makes it."

• Update:

The noises Sean Taylor and his girlfriend heard in their house early Monday turned out to be their worst nightmare.
    At least one armed intruder had broken into the $900,000 Palmetto Bay house of the star NFL player and were at his bedroom door. Taylor rose from bed to investigate, and just outside his bedroom, was shot in the groin and critically wounded. He collapsed back into the room, where he breathed heavily as blood gushed from his wound, according to Taylor's lawyer and family friend, Richard Sharpstein.
    Taylor, a former University of Miami star and Gulliver Preparatory School graduate with a controversial past, was airlifted to the Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital. About 20 family members and friends gathered at Ryder Trauma on Monday morning. They cried, made phone calls, talked among themselves and refused to speak with reporters.
    Sharpstein said Taylor emerged from surgery in better shape and will likely live. He is in intensive care and doctors have allowed his family to see him.

und jetzt kommt der irritierende Teil:

''Nothing was stolen. They shot at him and fled,'' said Sharpstein, who was visiting family at the hospital. ``He is clearly the victim of assault in his own home.''
    According to police records, someone broke into Taylor's house on Sunday, Nov. 18, by prying open a front window. The burglar entered several rooms in the house, rifled through drawers, and a safe in Taylor's bedroom.
    In a bizarre twist, someone left a kitchen knife on a bed in Taylor's house, according to the police report. Damage was also ``observed to the A/C vent in Taylor's bathroom.

hier der komplette Artikel

• Verdammte Axt. Ich verfolge Taylor seit dem College, er ist mit Abstand sein Lieblingsspieler gewesen, egal was für Offfield-Troubles er hatte. Ich liebe seine Art zu spielen einfach nur. Entsprechend hart hat mich die Nachricht auch getroffen. Weiß gar nicht so recht was ich sagen soll. Ich hoffe einfach nur sehr sehr stark, dass er durch kommt. Das hat er nicht verdient, wirklich nicht.

• also so ein schuss ins bein sieht eigentlich verdächtig danach aus dass es beabsichtigt war seine karriere zu beenden und nicht ihn umzubringen oder auszurauben. Ich mein wenn man etwas gegen einen Sportler hat schießt man ihm halt am effektivsten ins Bein (am schlimmsten sogar noch ins knie). Klar das ist alles nur Spekulation von mir aber es klingt einfach am logischsten (zumindest für mich). Ich kann ihm nur alles gute wünschen und hoffe ihn wieder mal aufm Feld zu sehen, zumindest soll er normal lebensfähig sein.

• Eine traurige Angelegenheit und wenn sich die Vermutung von "Cold as Ice" bestätigt, ist das Ganze umso schlimmer. Ich mag Taylors harte und kompromisslose Spielweise im positiven Sinne, ähnlich wie bei Michael Lewis. Wünsche ihm natürlich das Beste und hoffe, dass solche Bastarde gewollt oder ungewollt keine Karrieren beenden.

WEAR RED, GET LOUD! GO 49ers!

• Spekulationen bringen keinem was. Ein bewaffneter Einbrecher, der überrascht wird und schießt, muß nicht unbedingt gut zielen können.

Wer schon mal mit einer Pistole geschossen hat, weiß wie schwierig das ist und dass dieses aus der Hüfte genau treffen ziemlicher Unfug ist.

• Zitat von coldbeer

Finde es aber auch interesannt das er in Florida ist, wie lange bekommen die Spieler frei nach einem Spiel?

coldbeer

Er war in Florida um sich eine zweite Meinung über sein verletztes Kien einzuholen!

Jedenfalls schreckliche Sache...

und ich hoffe das Sean das alles gut übersteht!!!

[SIZE=4]R.I.P SEAN TAYLOR #21 NEVER FORGET [/SIZE]

• Zitat von coldbeer

coldbeer

Er war verletzt und wie oben erwähnt wollte er sich eine zweite Meinung einholen. Er hat seit 1-2 Wochen kein Spiel mehr gehabt.

"Mike (Ditka) had sent in a draw play at that particular time and *sigh* ah...seeing hows...all our draw plays weren't working too effectively up to that point in the ballgame, I didn't see a reason to call it again." Jim McMahon at David Letterman

• Ich bedauere diesen Vorfall sehr und wünschte Sean Taylor an dieser Stelle auch die beste Genesung, nichtsdestoweniger möchte ich festhalten, dass dieser Satz einfach Quatsch ist:

Zitat von coldbeer

Am Anfang dachte ich nur kein Wunder, Washington ist eine der gefährlichten Städte in Amerika, aber es ist ja in Florida passiert. In Washington wäre es wohl nicht das Bein gewesen.

• ESPNs Mortensen hat gerade berichtet, dass die Ärzte zum erstenmal etwas optimistisch sind. Angeblich hat er den Finger eines Arztes dort drücken können.
    Er scheint also aus dem schlimmsten raus.

aikman -> Chrizly (Namensänderung 3.2. 2023)

"So this is how I remember saying goodbye to Bilbo," [a raccoon he had as a kid] Leach wrote. "He wandered 10 yards away or so from the truck, and then he turned and looked at us and kind of had this expression like, 'It was nice knowing ya.' It was this moment where like, both I knew and he knew that we’d had some good times, but this was it. It was onward and upward for both of us."

Mike Leach, Coaching Legend (*1961 +2022)

• Ein Statement von Redskins vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato:

Zitat

The doctors are being very guarded about their prognosis," said Sharpstein, who was at the hospital with the player's family and friends. "They're being a little bit skeptical about either whether he might make it or whether it might cause some permanent brain injury."

Still, Cerrato said he was encouraged by some news from the hospital.

"He was responsive to the doctor's request to squeeze his hand and show facial expression, and so the doctors were very happy about that," he said. "They told us to hope for a miracle, and I think the positive news we got was extremely good news."

Zitat

The shooting followed a Nov. 17 report of a burglary at the pale yellow house Taylor bought two years ago in this Miami suburb. In that incident, according to police records, someone pried open a front window, rifled through his drawers and left a kitchen knife on a bed.

"They're really sifting through that incident and today's incident ... to see if there's any correlation," said Miami-Dade Police Detective Mario Rachid.

Hier der ganze Artikel

• Gem. Newsletter

Zitat

***USATODAY.com Breaking News***
    MIAMI — Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor has died, a day after he was shot in the leg, said family friend Richard Sharpstein. According to the Associated Press, Sharpstein said Taylor's father called him around 5:30 a.m. to tell him the news.

:(

New York Giants
    NFC Champion: 1986, 1990, 2000, 2007, 2011
    Superbowl: 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

• Landry und Taylor wären ein Elite Safetey Duo in der NFL geworden.

Schade für die Redskins, schade um den Spieler.

"Mike (Ditka) had sent in a draw play at that particular time and *sigh* ah...seeing hows...all our draw plays weren't working too effectively up to that point in the ballgame, I didn't see a reason to call it again." Jim McMahon at David Letterman