Dallas Cowboys Offseason 2009

• Glaubt man PFT, basteln die Cowboys schon an einem dicken Vertrag für Ware. Wird wohl richtig viel werden, aber Ware ist zur Zeit ja auch der beste Cowboy.

• The Ray Lewis rumor is still alive and well. The Ravens have several FA they need to sign, and Lewis is not in his prime anymore.

It appears that Zach will move on, and that creates a need at ILB. Not saying this will happen, or if this is the best way forward, BUT - I like the idea of having an a** kicker in the locker room. If the coach get do it, maybe we need a bad ass like Ray, to take care of that locker room.

I hate to pile on rumors, but it is interesting.

Super Bowl Champions; 1971, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995
    NFC Champions; 1970, 1971, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1992, 1993, 1995

Texas Longhorns, National Champions; 1963, 1969, 1970, 2005, *2008

* - indicates schamefull BCS system

• The Ray Lewis rumor is still alive and well. The Ravens have several FA they need to sign, and Lewis is not in his prime anymore.

It appears that Zach will move on, and that creates a need at ILB. Not saying this will happen, or if this is the best way forward, BUT - I like the idea of having an a** kicker in the locker room. If the coach get do it, maybe we need a bad ass like Ray, to take care of that locker room.

I hate to pile on rumors, but it is interesting.

You should like his leadership. Not that the eagles are or should be interested, but this ability to make everyone around better is his greatest gift to any team.

Unless that you could draft a rookie as a upgrade over Zach!

R.I.P J.Johnson

• ....Salary Cap would be an issue, especially since the Cowboys are going to make Ware the best paid LB in the NFL.

However, its my understanding that 2010 is an uncapped year, and Stephen Jones, is a salry cap wizard. So I think they could find a way to work that out.

Super Bowl Champions; 1971, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995
    NFC Champions; 1970, 1971, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1992, 1993, 1995

Texas Longhorns, National Champions; 1963, 1969, 1970, 2005, *2008

* - indicates schamefull BCS system

• ... and Lewis is not in his prime anymore.

Viel mehr brauchts auch nicht, um bei Jerry Interesse zu wecken. Für alternde Stars auf der Suche nach einem dicken letztem paycheck ist Jerryworld doch eh das Paradies.

[CENTER]
    Threesweeeeeeeeeep!!! Suck on that[/CENTER]

• Wenn er schon einen alternden Star mit Geld vollschmeißen will, dann soll er doch lieber für den besten verfügbaren Safety die Bank sprengen.

GET B-DAWK OR DIE TRYING :rockon:

aikman -> Chrizly (Namensänderung 3.2. 2023)

"So this is how I remember saying goodbye to Bilbo," [a raccoon he had as a kid] Leach wrote. "He wandered 10 yards away or so from the truck, and then he turned and looked at us and kind of had this expression like, 'It was nice knowing ya.' It was this moment where like, both I knew and he knew that we’d had some good times, but this was it. It was onward and upward for both of us."

Mike Leach, Coaching Legend (*1961 +2022)

• ....Salary Cap would be an issue, especially since the Cowboys are going to make Ware the best paid LB in the NFL.

However, its my understanding that 2010 is an uncapped year, and Stephen Jones, is a salry cap wizard. So I think they could find a way to work that out.

I hope you are wrong. If 2010 is uncapped it will put the NFL and 2010/2011 seasons in jeopardy.

R.I.P J.Johnson

• Wenn er schon einen alternden Star mit Geld vollschmeißen will, dann soll er doch lieber für den besten verfügbaren Safety die Bank sprengen.

GET B-DAWK OR DIE TRYING :rockon:

Is das als Persiflage von GE`s Signatur gedacht??? :hinterha:
    Dawkins zu den boys? Da gewinnen eher die Lions nächste Saison den SB :D. Zumal es BDawk nicht mehr um die Kohle geht und ich davon ausgehe das man ihn in Philly noch für 1-2 jahre halten wird. Aber hey es ist alles möglich ...

Thank you Brian Dawkins - One of the greatest players in Eagles history

• das glaube ich aber auch :D

wobei ich es schon interessant fand, dass die championshipgames die vier teams mit den vier besten safetys bestritten haben.
    B-Dawk
    Wilson
    Polamalu
    Reed

wobei ich es schon interessant fand, dass die championshipgames die vier teams mit den vier besten safetys bestritten haben.

Kann mich gar nicht an die Colts im AFC-Championship Game erinnern. :paelzer:

Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3

B-Dawk
    Wilson
    Polamalu
    Reed

Jop - und das Ganze läßt sich auch schön fortsetzen: Patriots haben für ihre Titel Harrison und davor Milloy gebraucht, die Colts sind ohne Sanders aufgeschmissen gewesen, die Steelers sind ohne Pola Mittelmaß. Ein Safety der Extraklasse ist dass, was den Cowboys fehlt. Und solange diese Lücke nicht gefüllt wird, wird es nix mit Titel Nr.6

Remember him:

"So this is how I remember saying goodbye to Bilbo," [a raccoon he had as a kid] Leach wrote. "He wandered 10 yards away or so from the truck, and then he turned and looked at us and kind of had this expression like, 'It was nice knowing ya.' It was this moment where like, both I knew and he knew that we’d had some good times, but this was it. It was onward and upward for both of us."

• Jop - und das Ganze läßt sich auch schön fortsetzen: Patriots haben für ihre Titel Harrison und davor Milloy gebraucht, die Colts sind ohne Sanders aufgeschmissen gewesen, die Steelers sind ohne Pola Mittelmaß. Ein Safety der Extraklasse ist dass, was den Cowboys fehlt. Und solange diese Lücke nicht gefüllt wird, wird es nix mit Titel Nr.6

Remember him:

Miss him! :/

Ratzupaltuff

• Achtung - Buzzkiller:

Zitat

With most of your starting spots settled, what are your expectations for free agency this year?

JERRY JONES: "I don't expect much in free agency. I don't for that reason, because we've made a lot of commitments on our roster. It's a positive. I view it as a real positive, the strengths that we have, and that's why I want to take a lot of what we've got - and certainly we'll make some changes where we think we can improve - but basically get this team back out on the field. We've got something to prove."

• Man müsste sich mal den Spass machen, die großen Töne aus der letzten Offseason zusammenzutragen. Das wird sich ähnlich angehört haben. Ohne da jetz aussem Stehgreif jemanden zitieren zu können, aber dass wir nächstes Jahr ein anderes Team sehen, von dem man dazu noch viel erwarten kann, das kommt mir irgendwie bekannt vor.

[CENTER]
    Threesweeeeeeeeeep!!! Suck on that[/CENTER]

• Nur kann man diese Situationen IMO gar nicht miteinander vergleichen. Letztes Jahr ist man lediglich (knapp) am späteren SB-Sieger gescheitert, war in der regular Season dafür eines der besten Teams überhaupt. Trotz Aus war man der festen Überzeugung die Playoffs seien kein Problem und erst dann müsste man richtig anfangen Football zu spielen. Dementsprechend ist man wohl auch in die Saison gegangen.

Dieses Jahr nun hat man eine richtig enttäuschende Saison im Gepäck, man muss ganz anders ins Training einsteigen, keiner erwartet irgendwie SB oder ähnliches. Ich erwarte ganz ehrlich ein völlig anderes Cowboys-Team - 'desperate' wie man so schön sagt. Allerdings - ohne das nötige Quäntchen geht es nicht, wie Pittsburgh und Arizona so wunderbar beweisen. Die Cards haben gerade mal 4 Leute auf IR, davon einen TE der sich erst in den Playoffs verletzt hat. Die anderen 3 sind ein gewisser C Peters, der zuletzt 2003 in einem NFL-Spiel stand, Rookie LB Highsmith und Veteran LB Haggans - der in 11 Spielen von der Bank kam.

Noch eine interessante Zahl: Die 5 Starter der Cards O-Line haben insgesamt genau ... NULL Spiele 2008 inkl Playoffs verpasst.

• keiner erwartet irgendwie SB oder ähnliches.

Naja, Las Vegas schon. :mrgreen:

Odds to Win 2010 Super Bowl XLIV - Miami FL

New England Patriots
    8-1
    Dallas Cowboys
    10-1
    Indianapolis Colts
    10-1
    New York Giants
    10-1
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    10-1
    Baltimore Ravens
    12-1
    Carolina Panthers
    12-1
    Philadelphia Eagles
    12-1
    San Diego Chargers
    12-1
    Tennessee Titans
    12-1
    Green Bay Packers
    25-1
    Minnesota Vikings
    25-1
    New Orleans Saints
    25-1
    Arizona Cardinals
    30-1
    Atlanta Falcons
    30-1
    Denver Broncos
    30-1
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    30-1
    New York Jets
    30-1
    Tampa Bay Buccanneers
    30-1
    Buffalo Bills
    40-1
    Chicago Bears
    40-1
    Houston Texans
    40-1
    Miami Dolphins
    40-1
    Washington Redskins
    40-1
    Seattle Seahawks
    50-1
    Cincinnati Bengals
    60-1
    Cleveland Browns
    60-1
    San Francisco 49ers
    60-1
    Detroit Lions
    100-1
    Kansas City Chiefs
    100-1
    Oakland Raiders
    100-1
    Saint Louis Rams
    100-1

• Naja, Las Vegas schon. :mrgreen:

Darf man fragen, wie die Chance der Cardinals zu diesem Zeitpunkt im letzten Jahr eingeschätzt wurden? ;)

• Tja, bleibt ja nicht nur bei T.O's Show...
    Haben ja jetzt nun auch unser AMERICAN IDOL :mrgreen:!!!
    Michael Irvin als Showmaster und ein paar Jungs von der Straße, die sich um nen Training Camp Spot reißen werden...:earl: Es soll der kommende CB bzw. WR der Boys gefunden werden...
    Finde es super nach so einer Saison und der ganzen Unruhe seit HARDKNOCKS es diese Offseason besser und konzentrierter anzugehen...HAHA :stupid

• Ein Draft-Bust aus Miami für die Cowboys?

Zitat

Think the Cowboys could stand to add some youth to the quarterback position after Brad Johnson's mid-season flop as backup to Tony Romo? According to the Miami Herald, the Dolphins have again asked the Cowboys if they are interested in trading for third-string quarterback John Beck.

There was no definitive answer, but Miami made it clear the former Brigham Young passer is available, according to the report.

Beck was rumored to be up for grabs last off-season. He was Miami's second-round pick in 2007 (No. 40 overall), but fell out of favor after Bill Parcells, Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano took over and drafted Michigan's Chad Henne last year. Beck's just a year younger than Romo, at 27, so he may never become a long-term solution as a starting quarterback or offer real competition for Romo, who still has four years left on his own $67.5 million contract.

http://www.truebluefanclub.com/blogs/writers_…bluefanclub.com

Schön, nehmen wir jetzt den Miami Abfall auf, nachdem wir denen wieder auf die Beine geholfen haben? :hinterha:

• ..nehme ich für eine late rounder! alles besser als bj

They can
    be a great people, Kal-El. They wish to be. They
    only lack the light to show the way. For this reason
    above all - their capacity for good - I have sent them
    you. My only son.