Männer-Domäne Football? No more - Erster weiblicher NFL Ref pfeift Preseason-Game

• Zum ersten Mal wird heute ein weiblicher Schiedsrichter ein NFL-Game leiten. Es ist zwar nur das Preseason Game zwischen San Diego und Green Bay und die Dame aus Arizona mit Namen Shannon Eastin ist nur ein "Replacement"-Ref, aber wer weiß, ob es nicht ein Zeichen für die Zukunft ist.

Hier der Artikel von YahooSports:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shut…58900--nfl.html

Packers Veteran Charles Woodson scheint jedenfalls kein Problem damit zu haben:

Zitat

''I'm sure women have probably tried at some point along the way leading up to this point, so I would assume it's somebody qualified out there that we won't have to jump over for making bad calls," Woodson said. "We look forward to it. That's just the way things are and the way I think it should be. So hats off to her and whoever decided to make it happen.

''It may take some people by surprise, but I think once the game starts flowing, the only way you're going to notice her is if she makes a bad call. She's got to get it like everybody else. I don't think we'll really worry about it too much once the game begins.''

aikman -> Chrizly (Namensänderung 3.2. 2023)

"So this is how I remember saying goodbye to Bilbo," [a raccoon he had as a kid] Leach wrote. "He wandered 10 yards away or so from the truck, and then he turned and looked at us and kind of had this expression like, 'It was nice knowing ya.' It was this moment where like, both I knew and he knew that we’d had some good times, but this was it. It was onward and upward for both of us."

Mike Leach, Coaching Legend (*1961 +2022)

• Hängt das nicht damit zusammen, dass die NFL-Refs sich momentan mit der NFL streiten?

Davon ab: ich find's gut. Was sollte einen Mann dazu befähigen, besser schiedsrichten zu können? Ok, wahrscheinlich können Männer lauter pfeifen. :tongue2:

• Davon ab: ich find's gut. Was sollte einen Mann dazu befähigen, besser schiedsrichten zu können? Ok, wahrscheinlich können Männer lauter pfeifen. :tongue2:

Wer sagt, dass Frauen nicht besser blasen können? Ich meine in die
    Pfeife...

Live gesehen (bzw in den Stadien gewesen):

NFL: Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bears, Minnesota Vikings, Cincinnati Bengals, Tennessee Titans, Seattle Seahawks, Kansas City Chiefs

NCAA: Wisconsin Badgers, Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Iowa Hawkeyes, Tennessee Volunteers, Washington Huskies, Northwestern Wildcats

NHL: Chicago Blackhawks, Colorado Avalanche, Minnesota Wild

NBA: Indiana Pacers

• Schade um den Thread. Einige haben hier echt wieder "blank" gezogen. :(

- お父さん穀物 -

I will give you every place where you set your foot! - Joshua 1, 3

• Schade um den Thread. Einige haben hier echt wieder "blank" gezogen. :(

Scheint daran zu liegen, dass es hier anscheinend jedem scheißegal ist, ob nun ein Mann oder eine Frau das Spiel pfeifft. :madness
    Und weil jetzt die NFL auch mal notgedrungen darauf gekommen ist, dass es keinen Unterschied macht, ob ein Mann oder eine Frau Schiedsrichter ist, muss man ja nicht in Begeisterungsstürme verfallen.

• 3 Jahre später: Die NFL verpflichtet den ersten weiblichen Vollzeit-Offiziellen

Zitat

The NFL is set to hire is first full-time female official, Sarah Thomas, according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.Thomas has officiated Conference USA games in the NCAA for almost a decade. She has also officiated NFL camps and preseason games.

Read more: http://sportsglory.com/nfl/report-nfl…6#ixzz3WFxlVraX

"So this is how I remember saying goodbye to Bilbo," [a raccoon he had as a kid] Leach wrote. "He wandered 10 yards away or so from the truck, and then he turned and looked at us and kind of had this expression like, 'It was nice knowing ya.' It was this moment where like, both I knew and he knew that we’d had some good times, but this was it. It was onward and upward for both of us."

• aikman -> Chrizly (Namensänderung 3.2. 2023)

• Barriers going to be broken in Miami.Niners offensive assistant Katie Sowers will become the first woman to coach in the Super Bowl

:thup:

Edit: Katie Sowers: 'The 49ers didn't hire me as a coach to make a point'

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Chrizly (21. Januar 2020 um 01:34)

• Sunday's Browns-Washington Game Marks Historic First for Women in NFL

Zitat

When the Browns meet the Washington Football Team on Sunday, it will mark the first time in NFL history that a game features a female coach on both sidelines and a female official on the field.

Callie Brownson is the chief of staff for Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski and Jennifer King is in her first season on Ron Rivera's coaching staff in Washington.
    In 2015, Sarah Thomas became the league's first female official.

Zitat

"The day is here. Haven’t been this excited for a regular season game since I was a kid," Sam Rapoport, the NFL's senior director of diversity and inclusion tweeted Sunday morning. "The game signifies more than individual achievements. It’s the first true marker of the mission we set 5 years ago: normalize women in football."

• Sarah Thomas to become first woman to officiate Super Bowl

Zitat

Sarah Thomas will become the first woman to officiate a Super Bowl when she works as the down judge for this year's game on Feb. 7.
    The NFL announced the officiating crew for the game on Tuesday.

“Her elite performance and commitment to excellence has earned her the right to officiate the Super Bowl," Executive VP of Football Operations, Troy Vincent, Sr. said in a statement.
    Thomas, 47, was the first full-time female official in NFL history in 2015. In 2019, she was the first woman to officiate an NFL playoff game.

• Externer Inhalt twitter.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

so langsam haben wir die 'Firsts' dann durch.