Opt-Out: Spieler, die 2020 aussetzen

• Broncos Edge Rusher Von Miller dachte darüber nach, bleibt aber der Saison erhalten:

"I thought about it,'' Miller said. " ... I thought about all of my family, I took serious consideration and the things that could possibly happen. It's not a 100% bubble like basketball, so there are always going to be holes, but I felt like the job the Broncos were doing to keep us safe was enough for me not to opt out.''

"I just thought about it, I just really thought about all the things that could possibly happen,'' Miller said. "I thought about this season is different, I thought about -- I weighed the positives and negatives and just came to my own decision that I could play. But I thought about me having asthma ... I feel like every player should do that, I feel like every player should think about everything they could do.''

Seine Erfahrungen mit dem Virus:

Zitat

"I did [have trouble], it was hard for me to get my wind back, probably for two or three weeks after the virus,'' Miller said. "During the virus I lost a lot of weight -- everybody is not the same, but for me I lost my taste and smell, I couldn't really, like, eat and when you can't taste or smell you kind of lose your appetite ... It was tough, no doubt about it, it was tough.''

aikman -> Chrizly (Namensänderung 3.2. 2023)

"So this is how I remember saying goodbye to Bilbo," [a raccoon he had as a kid] Leach wrote. "He wandered 10 yards away or so from the truck, and then he turned and looked at us and kind of had this expression like, 'It was nice knowing ya.' It was this moment where like, both I knew and he knew that we’d had some good times, but this was it. It was onward and upward for both of us."

Mike Leach, Coaching Legend (*1961 +2022)

• Hielt sich alles in Grenzen, kein QB dabei. Wiedermal übertriebene Ankündigung von Szenarien die nicht eingetreten sind, war beim Draft auch schon so und ich erwarte, dass das auch auf die Saison zutrifft.
    Man könnte meinen manche sehnen sich Chaos herbei, nur können sie lange darauf warten.

• 67 Spieler haben opt out, was bei einem 80 Mann Roster pro Team etwa 2,6% aller Spieler unter Kontrakt entspricht.

-- Die zweite Heirat ist der Triumph der Hoffnung über die Erfahrung --

• 66 Spieler sind es insgesamt, die Opt-Out gewählt haben. Ein paar größere Namen haben sich es doch noch anders überlegt - darunter z.B. Bills CB Tre'Davious White der vom AntiSocial-Media-Mob angefeindet wurde:

Crazy that me choosing my family’s wellbeing over a game comes with so called fans attacking and questioning me and saying I’m selfish. No you guys are selfish for thinking that football is bigger than life. Oh by the way my girl’s grandfather passed from COVID. U understand now?

aikman -> Chrizly (Namensänderung 3.2. 2023)

"So this is how I remember saying goodbye to Bilbo," [a raccoon he had as a kid] Leach wrote. "He wandered 10 yards away or so from the truck, and then he turned and looked at us and kind of had this expression like, 'It was nice knowing ya.' It was this moment where like, both I knew and he knew that we’d had some good times, but this was it. It was onward and upward for both of us."

Mike Leach, Coaching Legend (*1961 +2022)

• Und unter dem Strich sind ehrlich gesagt generell nur sehr wenige "große Namen" bzw. Top-Spieler dabei. Am relativ meisten hat es wohl die Pats getroffen, aber ansonsten hält es sich in Grenzen.