Apple Mitbegründer Steve Jobs (56) ist tot!

• Nur vielleicht noch folgender Auszug aus einer der Quellen, die auch der vom Surger zitierte Autor angibt:

Zitat

Again, I would certainly agree that Jobs did himself no favors by waiting. If I were his physician or the surgeon to whom he was referred, I would have done my best to talk him out of such a course of action, but I would do so more out of the uncertainty of not knowing how fast his tumor would progress. So, is it possible, even likely, that Jobs compromised his chances of survival? Yes. Is it definite that he did? No, it’s not, at least it’s not anywhere as definite as Dunning makes it sound. In fact, based on statistics alone, it’s unlikely that a mere nine months took Jobs “from the high end to the low end of the survival rate,” as Dunning puts it. That’s just not how insulinomas usually behave from a biological standpoint. They’re too indolent, and that’s not even taking into account issues of lead time bias and other confounding factors that would make comparisons of operating early versus operating later not as straightforward as one might think. I have no doubt that Jobs might have compromised his chances of survival, but it’s just not scientifically supportable to leap to the conclusion that he compromised his chances that much. What is known about Jobs’s case and insulinomas do not support such a conclusion.

"Players don't know how lucky they are, I think, to be in a place like Philly. I would've - if I could've kept playing a long time there, I would've played 'til the wheels fell off." - Chris Long