Turf Toe

• Jetzt hat es gerade wieder RB Dominic Rhodes erwischt. Turf toe !

Die Verletzung taucht immer wieder auf, scheint stellenweise langwierig zu sein. Als alter Fußballspieler frage ich mich aber ganz naiv : "Die haben doch Schuhe an, oder !?" :madness

Was ist das für eine Verletzung ? Warum gibts die anscheinend nur bei Footballern und nicht bei Fußballern ?

"What does it mean to be a 'Cane ? It's my life, man. It's my life." - Ed Reed

• Zitat von Cane

Was ist das für eine Verletzung ? Warum gibts die anscheinend nur bei Footballern und nicht bei Fußballern ?

Weil Fußballer die meiste Zeit nur rumstehen? :jeck:

Aber hier ist eine Erklärung was Turf Toe ist:

Zitat

Turf toe is a condition of pain at the base of the big toe, located at the ball of the foot. The condition is usually caused from either jamming the toe, or pushing off repeatedly when running or jumping. The most common complaint is pain at the base of the toe, but you may also have symptoms of stiffness and swelling.

The name turf toe comes from the fact that this injury is especially common among athletes who play on artificial turf. The hard surface of artificial turf, combined with running and jumping in football and soccer, make turf toe a frequent consequence of Astroturf play.

When a player sustains a turf toe injury they are actually tearing the capsule that surrounds the joint at the base of the toe. Tearing this joint capsule can be extremely painful. Furthermore, tear of the joint capsule can lead to instability and even dislocation of the joint at the base of the toe. This may lead to accelerated cartilage wear and arthritis of the big toe

Also sowas wie ein Kapselriß.

When I die and go to hell, hell will be a Brett Favre
    game, announced by the ESPN Sunday night crew,
    for all eternity. Paul Zimmerman

• Klasse, vielen Dank ! :daumenho:

Aber komisch ist es schon.
    Man muss wahrscheinlich selber mal auf Kunstrasen gespielt haben, um das nachzuvollziehen. Oder doch lieber nicht...

"What does it mean to be a 'Cane ? It's my life, man. It's my life." - Ed Reed

• ich habe mal einige jahre auf kunstrasen football gespielt. das geht mächtig auf die knochen. unabhängig davon, ob es so ein angemalter parkplatz ist oder einer mit einem guten unterbau - gibt angenehmeres :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]