aikmans college take: Best Week/Worst Week #10

• Zitat von FSUSeminoles

Texas Tech hat bei weitem nicht die Anerkennung die sie benötigen um in einem Final Poll vor Penn State zu sein wenn beide ungeschlagen ihre Saison beenden. Und ich finde das auch vollkommen richtig. Texas Tech muss sich erst den Ruf einer Großmacht erarbeiten.

Wobei man sich dann die Frage stellen muss, was man dann als National Champion küren will. Das beste Team einer Saison oder das beste Team mit großem Namen ? (jetzt nicht explizit auf Penn State und Texas Tech bezogen)

• Wird's jetzt etwa doch langsam ernst?

Zitat

WASHINGTON (AP) — A House subcommittee approved legislation Wednesday aimed at forcing college football to switch to a playoff system to determine a national champion, over the objections of some lawmakers who said Congress had more pressing matters.

The bill, which faces long odds of becoming law, would ban the promotion of a postseason NCAA Division I football game as a national championship unless that title contest is the result of a playoff.

The measure passed by voice vote in a House Energy and Commerce Committee subcommittee, with one audible "no," from Rep. John Barrow, D-Ga.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college…-congress_N.htm

aikman -> Chrizly (Namensänderung 3.2. 2023)

"So this is how I remember saying goodbye to Bilbo," [a raccoon he had as a kid] Leach wrote. "He wandered 10 yards away or so from the truck, and then he turned and looked at us and kind of had this expression like, 'It was nice knowing ya.' It was this moment where like, both I knew and he knew that we’d had some good times, but this was it. It was onward and upward for both of us."

Mike Leach, Coaching Legend (*1961 +2022)