Cleveland Browns Offseason 2014

• Hier ein Must Read aus der USA Today:

The NFL's marijuana rules might be misguided, but Josh Gordon is no victim

Zitat

Gordon has now failed multiple drug tests in both college and the NFL. The positive NFL test led to a two-game suspension at the start of last season. In order to be on the field for the Browns’ Week 1 game against the Steelers, he had to do one thing: pass every drug test in the offseason. He didn’t do that. The penalty is a year-long ban. It was enforced properly.

What’s the complaint, exactly? That Gordon shouldn’t have to serve the penalty he knew he was risking?

If you want to argue the CBA policy on discipline is terrible, I’ll join you. If you want to argue that any system which prohibits suspensions for DUI arrests but suspends for smoking weed is capricious, arbitrary and not in the best interests of NFL players or fans, you’ll find no disagreement here. But the rule is the rule, and it’s one the players agreed to in the CBA.

aikman -> Chrizly (Namensänderung 3.2. 2023)

"So this is how I remember saying goodbye to Bilbo," [a raccoon he had as a kid] Leach wrote. "He wandered 10 yards away or so from the truck, and then he turned and looked at us and kind of had this expression like, 'It was nice knowing ya.' It was this moment where like, both I knew and he knew that we’d had some good times, but this was it. It was onward and upward for both of us."

Mike Leach, Coaching Legend (*1961 +2022)

• -Joe Banner: “Since Mike Lombardi and I are Moe and Larry, we set out to find Curly."
    (J.Banner at the press conference regarding the endless coach search)

-Funny, so many Browns fans still clamor for the "safe pick" ignoring that all we've done for 15 years is the "safe pick".

"And when that turnaround happens, wherever I am, I will smile – more than a little bittersweetly – and say, to myself, “Go Browns!”
    Sashi Brown. A Cleveland Brown,bleeding brown an orange.

• Zitat

Josh Gordon is exploring the possibility of playing the rest of the year in the Canadian Football League, per sources. @ESPNNFL

Na dann.....

-Joe Banner: “Since Mike Lombardi and I are Moe and Larry, we set out to find Curly."

-Funny, so many Browns fans still clamor for the "safe pick" ignoring that all we've done for 15 years is the "safe pick".

"And when that turnaround happens, wherever I am, I will smile – more than a little bittersweetly – and say, to myself, “Go Browns!”

• Aber vielleicht muss man es auch mal aus einer andere Sicht sehen:
    Dieser gewaltige Schuss vor den Bug ist vielleicht Gordons letzte Chance aufzuwachen und zu erkennen, dass er offensichtlich ein Problem hat, was er ernsthaft behandeln lassen muss.

Weil es unglaublich hilfreich ist unbeschäftigt zuhause zu sitzen. Vor lauter Langeweile hat noch keiner Gras geraucht. Wenn man ehrlich ist: ne Sperre ist da eher kontraproduktiv.

Klar ist er selbst Schuld, vor allem an den vorangegangenen Positiv-Tests, auch wenn er hier das Argument anführen kann das es Passivrauchen war (was nicht im Bereich des Unmöglichen liegt), aber die NFL bekleckert sich auch nicht wirklich mit Ruhm. Diese Regel wurde den Spielern aufgezwängt in all seiner kleinkarierten Schwachsinnigkeit und auf der anderen Seite lebt die NFL davon das die Leute mit painkillern durch die Saison geschleppt werden. Und Budweiser schickt bestimmt nochma paar extra Kröten rüber.

Zitat

and it’s one the players agreed to in the CBA.

wenn ich den Satz noch einmal höre dann beiss ich in meine Tischkante. Und wenn die Tischkante dann zur Polizei geht sag ich: "dem hat sie zugestimmt im Kaufvertrag damals!"
    Wann war denn bitte das letzte Mal das die Owner irgendwas wollten und die Spieler die Macht hatten 'nein' zu sagen? Die Spielergewerkschaft ist aufgrund ihrer Konstitution quasi überhaupt keine Gewerkschaft. Sie repräsentiert die Profisportler mit der geringsten "Lebensdauer" (im wörtlichen und bildlichem Sinne) die immer ihre kurzfristigen Interessen über eigentlich sinnvolle langfristige Interessen stellt, weil sie die garnicht mehr angehen, sondern erst die nächste Spielergeneration. So hat man niemals nen geschlossene Front gegen Owner die alle locker und leicht mehrere saisons ausfallen lassen könnten. Mit sozialen und rassistischen Begleitumständen will ich garnicht erst anfangen.
    Ich werd mich niemals auf das Argument "dem haben sie aber zugestimmt" einlassen, sondern immer danach gehen was ich als Unabhängiger für gut und richtig halte. Das gilt im Negativen (für die Spieler) bei den Schwachsinnigen Cannabis Regeln und im Positiven für die Aderol-Masche.

-----------------
    It is time for us to do what we have been doing and that time is every day.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Doylebeule (28. August 2014 um 16:30)

• Doylebeule:

Sehr guter post. I like it !

-Joe Banner: “Since Mike Lombardi and I are Moe and Larry, we set out to find Curly."

• Zitat

das unterstreicht ja nur, welche Farce dieses Urteil eigentlich ist.

na ja, eine farce, vielleicht das drumherum mit der ewig langen wartezeit zur bekanntgabe, aber dieses urteil an sich, auch wenn es wohl maximal ausgefallen ist, konnte man ja irgendwie auch als realistisches szenario antizipieren (auch wenn für mich auch 8 spiele gereicht hätten).

• Na dann.....

Zitat von Alex Marvez

Gordon would have to get CFL exemption to waive standard 1-year team option for '15 if he did sign, which Browns aren't willing to permit

The outcome of Gordon's pending DUI case also could make it difficult for him to gain entry into Canada based upon the nation's laws

Long story short - I have a better chance of playing in the CFL this season than Josh Gordon.

:D

"So this is how I remember saying goodbye to Bilbo," [a raccoon he had as a kid] Leach wrote. "He wandered 10 yards away or so from the truck, and then he turned and looked at us and kind of had this expression like, 'It was nice knowing ya.' It was this moment where like, both I knew and he knew that we’d had some good times, but this was it. It was onward and upward for both of us."

• :D

:tongue2:

O.k., der war nicht schlecht....

• Ihr habt WR LaRon Byrd geclaimed. Hat bei uns das Roster nur knapp verpasst, weil die Position ziemlich tief besetzt ist, bringt aber gutes Potential mit. Und ihr braucht da ja eh jede Hilfe.