iggles coming season and how I see it

• I just thought that I would let everyone know where I stand for the upcoming season, keep in mind I will change my mind as soon as the season starts.
    The way that the team looks now we have made some big changes where it was needed. LB's should be better this year. TE will be better this year. DE is a position that I am not too worried about, I think that Hugh"show me the money"Douglas disappeared when we needed him the most last year and will be injured this year anyway.(see Jerimiah Trotter). I think that with the return of Buckhalter the RB's will be better. So much so that I think we sould use Duce as trade bait. Yes, I know what he has done for the team and I know that he is stilll one of the better RB's in the game. I just think that Westbrook will be better when given a chance. I say make a package of duce, taylor and or A.J. for a top WR. I love the iggles and the closer we get to the season I will say here comes the SB, but we're not kidding anyone, without a real WR, we will win the div. and thats it. I thought that Mitchell was the man(even bought his shirt) but he has been a disapiontment. The secondary is solid, so much so that if you take away any starter other than the Dawk we still have the best secondary.(I am so glad that the Packers were dumb enough to take personal foul al from us)
    In closing I will say that we are still close, but not close enough. The team as a whole will be better, but until we get a WR we can't win the supe.

Reggie 92 will always be an iggle

And thats the bottom line, because Lost Eagle said so!
    Brian Dawkins will crack your back like the liberty bell!!

• Lets wait and see if Al Harris becomes an impact player in the packer defense, but he IS at least as good as Tyrone - i can`t tackle - Williams.
    His first look at the current Minicamp was very good and at least the younger WR have many problems with his agressive Bump&Run playing style. Personaly i think that Al Harris is an upgrade on our Defense for an 2nd round pick and has allready won the longest dread-lock contest with Mike McKenzie. :ja:

• for me, Eagles line is much weaker then last season, Hugh is a rock on the end, who replace him? a rookie, ha serious no rookie can replace him, on LB you got Wayne, he had lost one step for sure, isnt a speedy LB.
    The Dt are quit not that good, not proven und often injured.

For me the NFC East crown goes to the Giants.

But hell kick the skins ass 2 times this season :daumenho:

Welcome to Revis Island

• Zitat von Jets#28

For me the NFC East crown goes to the Giants.

Und das auch noch von einem Jets-Fan...träum weiter.

Thank you 62

• Tja......wie schon an anderer Stelle erwähnt: Unser amerikanischer Kollege ist in der Lage deutsch zu lesen und wir sollten, in Rücksicht auf den absoluten Grossteil dieses Boards, auch weiter in deutsch schreiben, ok?

Vielleicht sollte mal jemand den Begriff "Eagles Off Season-Thread" übersetzen? :D:D (kleiner Spaß!)

• Zitat von FinFan#13

Tja......wie schon an anderer Stelle erwähnt: Unser amerikanischer Kollege ist in der Lage deutsch zu lesen und wir sollten, in Rücksicht auf den absoluten Grossteil dieses Boards, auch weiter in deutsch schreiben, ok?

Vielleicht sollte mal jemand den Begriff "Eagles Off Season-Thread" übersetzen? :D:D (kleiner Spaß!)

Daran muss man sich erstmal gewöhnen, sobald ich englische Posts lese machts klick und ich bin auf den Packer Boards.

• Zitat von Madness

Und das auch noch von einem Jets-Fan...träum weiter.

hat mit jetsfan nix zu tun, sondern realist

Welcome to Revis Island

• Zitat

The Dt are quit not that good, not proven und often injured.

Naja, das seh ich aber ganz anders, lieber Klaus:

Mit Darwin Walker (Pro Bowl Kaliber) und Corey Simon (Pro Bowler) verfügt man über zwei hochklassige Defensive Tackles. Dazu kommt ein Paul Grasmanis, der überdurchschnittlich gut ist. Mit dem Return von Hollis Thomas hat man auch noch die nötige Tiefe, um evtl. Verletzungen auszugleichen!

IMO ist die DT Position mit die beste, was die NFL zu bieten hat. ;)

@Charles,

nice to have you on this board. Oder in Deutsch: hau rein! :) Du wirst sehr viel spass haben hier!

#FreeMeekMill

• Kailber ist nicht gleich Pro Bowl,
    und verletzungsanföllig sind sie, walker hat über seinen möglichkeiten gespielt und wird diese saison nimmer so gut sein.

und das beste in der nfl hat immer noch tampa meiner meinung nach :daumenho:

Welcome to Revis Island

• Zitat

I say make a package of duce, taylor and or A.J. for a top WR.
    The team as a whole will be better, but until we get a WR we can't win the supe.

Bloß die Iggles werden jetzt keinen WR mehr bekommen der ihnen weitergeholfen hätte.
    Hättest du gerne D. Boston, Price oder Coles bei den Iggles gesehen?

• Zitat von Mr. Snyder

Bloß die Iggles werden jetzt keinen WR mehr bekommen der ihnen weitergeholfen hätte.

Das genau ist das Problem, über das ich mit unserem lieben Charles gestern schon gesprochen habe. Die guten Receiver sind jetzt schon alle weg.

Thank you 62

• Hmm, wenn ich mir die Eagles im Moment anschaue, bin ich eher enttäuscht.
    Ihr hattet in den letzten Jahren ein sehr starkes Team, dass allerdings offensichtlich nicht stark genug war, den ganz großen Wurf zu landen. Wenn man nun die Abgänge der letzten beiden Jahre mit in´s Kalkül zieht, sind diese zwar adäquat ersetzt, jedoch nicht verbessert worden. Daher sind für mich die Eagles beim momentanen Stand der (personellen) Dinge zwar unter den Favoriten für den Div. und evtl. sogar den NFC Titel, mehr aber auch nicht.

cropped-logo_ohne_hintergrund2-2.png

• 1. The Giants are not quite ready to take the div. They will make it close but not enough

2. I believe that the Eagles have gotten better in many areas this off season, for example:lb-anything is better than last year. rb-the addition of ritch was big, with or without Duce we will be better at running the ball. Kr-B.Mitchell was as steady as they come, you always felt safe when he was back there, but last year I had the feeling that he couldn't break one open either. Westbrook and Sheppard are explosive. Lets just hope they keep the mistakes to a minimum. DE-we lost nothing, Hugh disappeared at the wrong times. The replacments will get just as many sacks and hurries. TE-the rookie will have chad lewis looking for a new job by week 3.

3. Our one problem lies at WR. we have two good #2 receivers but no number 1. That will keep us from the ring

And thats the bottom line, because Lost Eagle said so!
    Brian Dawkins will crack your back like the liberty bell!!

• Könnten wir diese Diskussion eigentlich auch im Eagles offseason thread führen? Für sowas wurde er doch angelegt, oder?

To win the game is great. To play the game is greater. But to love the game is the greatest of all.

A plaque inside the Palestra in Philly - one of College Basketball's greatest cathedrals.