• Cardale: "I'm not ready for the NFL"

Zitat

Ohio State quarterback Cardale Jones said that he is not ready for professional football, but did not say whether he would return to school next season.

Jones is a redshirt sophomore and is eligible to enter the NFL Draft because he has been out of high school for more than three years. Following Ohio State's 42-20 national title game victory over Oregon, Jones was asked about his NFL future.

“In my personal opinion, I’m not ready for that level,” Jones said, according to NFL.com.

Q: SI.com

:thup:

aikman -> Chrizly (Namensänderung 3.2. 2023)

"So this is how I remember saying goodbye to Bilbo," [a raccoon he had as a kid] Leach wrote. "He wandered 10 yards away or so from the truck, and then he turned and looked at us and kind of had this expression like, 'It was nice knowing ya.' It was this moment where like, both I knew and he knew that we’d had some good times, but this was it. It was onward and upward for both of us."

Mike Leach, Coaching Legend (*1961 +2022)

• Cardale: "I'm not ready for the NFL"

Q: SI.com

:thup:

Zitat

DawgPoundNation.com retweetete
    Branson Wright ‏@BransonWright 18 Min.Vor 18 Minuten

Rumors are circulating in #Cleveland that #OSU QB #CardaleJones is leaning on declaring for the #NFL today.

-Joe Banner: “Since Mike Lombardi and I are Moe and Larry, we set out to find Curly."
    (J.Banner at the press conference regarding the endless coach search)

-Funny, so many Browns fans still clamor for the "safe pick" ignoring that all we've done for 15 years is the "safe pick".

"And when that turnaround happens, wherever I am, I will smile – more than a little bittersweetly – and say, to myself, “Go Browns!”
    Sashi Brown. A Cleveland Brown,bleeding brown an orange.

• wer ich ER würde ich in den Draft gehen. Wer sagt, dass er nächstes Jahr spielt. Und falls nicht wird man sich nächstes Jahr nicht an ihn erinnern. Nun hat er die Möglichkeit in der dritten oder vierten Runde gepickt zu werden.

Warum also nicht. Der hat die körperlichen Voraussetzungen um in der NFL durchzustarten. Zudem ist hinter Mariota und Winston wenig an QB Class in diesem Jahr. Also eine weitere Chance.

Der hat den Big Ten Championship, Sugar Bowl und Championship gewonnen. Und hatte in allen Spielen einen bedeutenden Anteil am Sieg.

Cardell Jones to the NFL

• Er wäre ein weiterer NFL Spieler der Glenville Tarblooders HS

Vorgänger: Pierre Woods, Ted Ginn, Donte Whitner, Troy Smith, Benny Friedman, Jonathan Newsome (steht gerade mit den Colts im AFC Finale), ...

• Hat sich für den draft entschieden.
    U.M. konnte ihm voll keine 100% Zusage geben.

Gronkowski "He was just yappin' at me the whole time, So I took him and threw him out of the club."

"if that was a movie, I would've left the theatre long ago because the script is too unrealistic" - Collinsworth SNF Raider-Chargers

++++NFL-Talk FDL Sieger 2014++++

++++NFL-Talk D-Liga Sieger 2023++

• wen meinst du? :paelzer:

Nicht Cardale Jones offensichtlich. Er bleibt ein weiteres Jahr bei den Buckeyes und das ist auch die einzig richtige Entscheidung :thup:

"So this is how I remember saying goodbye to Bilbo," [a raccoon he had as a kid] Leach wrote. "He wandered 10 yards away or so from the truck, and then he turned and looked at us and kind of had this expression like, 'It was nice knowing ya.' It was this moment where like, both I knew and he knew that we’d had some good times, but this was it. It was onward and upward for both of us."

• Mal unabhängig von den drei durchaus beeindruckenden Spielen: Jones hat zuvor gravierende Maturity Issues gehabt, mit denen sich die Scouts sicherlich länger als üblich beschäftigen werden, sollte er declaren - kein Wunder bei der geringen Menge Tape.
    Entscheidend dürfte dann halt sein, ob er diese Probleme hinter sich gelassen hat und dies auch kommunizieren kann, ansonsten wird wohl kaum ein NFL-Team einen hohen Draftpick incl. der zwar gedeckelten, aber dennoch nicht unbeträchtlichen Menge Geld investieren - gerade für jemanden, der aus derart prekären Verhältnissen kommt.

Btw, vielleicht erinnert sich ja noch jemand an den Tweet von vor zweidrei Jahren, dass er das Studium am College als "pointless" bezeichnete, schließlich sei man doch nur hier, um Football zu spielen :D

Da scheint es aber in der Zwischenzeit ein ganz gewaltiges Umdenken gegeben zu haben. Entweder hat es bei ihm einfach so 'klick' gemacht, oder die Coaches und Lehrer haben hier großartiges bewirkt:

Zitat

“The NFL has always been my goal and dream,” Jones said. “It’s literally right there in front of me, but I also have a goal to graduate. I dedicated to myself and teammates and coaching staff to be the best student-athlete I can be and to graduate. I want to make sure I meet all my goals.”

Jones said one of the biggest factors luring him back is the chance to become the first person in his family to receive a college degree. He is a redshirt sophomore and could end up graduating as early as next year. “It definitely means a lot to me,” Jones said. “Just because being the first person to graduate, it will open up the floodgates for younger relatives to see that as possible.”

Alles, was ich aktuell über/von ihm höre und lese, spricht aktuell für ihn. Da scheint jemand eine sehr positive Entwicklung nicht nur auf dem Platz gemacht zu haben.

• -Joe Banner: “Since Mike Lombardi and I are Moe and Larry, we set out to find Curly."

-Funny, so many Browns fans still clamor for the "safe pick" ignoring that all we've done for 15 years is the "safe pick".

"And when that turnaround happens, wherever I am, I will smile – more than a little bittersweetly – and say, to myself, “Go Browns!”

• definitv richtige Entscheidung zu bleiben, vielleicht nicht im Sinne von "selling high", aber was Nachhaltigkeit in der NFL angeht.

• Grossi meldet sich jetzt auch zu Wort :

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.ph…7&post_id=41531

Für mich eine absolut spanndende story.
    Ich bin echt gespannt, was aus dem Burschen wird.

-Joe Banner: “Since Mike Lombardi and I are Moe and Larry, we set out to find Curly."

• wen meinst du? :paelzer:

auf twitter ging gestern kurz nach 10 Uhr die Meldung herum, war anscheinend ein Falschmeldung, und ich war erst wieder heute online.

Gronkowski "He was just yappin' at me the whole time, So I took him and threw him out of the club."

"if that was a movie, I would've left the theatre long ago because the script is too unrealistic" - Collinsworth SNF Raider-Chargers

• schon OK

das mit Urban Meyer war deine Interpretation oder Teil der Falschmeldung?

Stimmt hab ich vergessen klar zu stellen, war meine Interpretation beruhend auf einige Artikel die ich die letzten beide Tage gelesen haben.
    Jones war gestern gute 90 Minuten bei Meyer und OC und anscheinend war das Gespräch mit entscheidend.
    Wird ne spannende offsesaon in Ohio.