Good Bye & Farewell: Der Retirement-Thread 2015

• Danke für den Hinweis, das war mir nicht bekannt. Jetzt müsste man noch "may be required to" auslegen ;)

Guter Punkt. Etwas später steht da noch "a Club may demand repayment of all Forfeitable Salary Allocations". Ich denke das ist weniger schwammig formuliert.

"I'm not really into solving the world's problems and all that. I'm just trying to coach our football team." - Bill Belichick

• Schwammiger als "may demand" geht kaum, oder?

Heißt für mich so viel wie "Das Team kann die Rückzahlung verlangen". Und das finde ich schon ziemlich unschwammig. Kann aber auch sein, dass mich meine Englischkenntnisse auf diesem Niveau dann doch mal im Stich lassen.

"I'm not really into solving the world's problems and all that. I'm just trying to coach our football team." - Bill Belichick

• Nee, hast schon recht. "Team kann verlangen" ist aber eben deutlich schwammiger als "Spieler muss zahlen".

Ah, klar. Da stand ich auf dem Schlauch. Kann ich nicht widersprechen.

Das sich aus dem Abschnitt des CBA für Fälle wie den von El_hombre konstruierten eine Zahlungsverpflichtung ableiten lässt, wird aber in meinen Augen schon klar. Genau sowas dürfte auch die Motivation für diese Regelung sein.

• @all
    Danke für die Informationen.[emoji106]

Ich denke in der CBA ist damit der Rahmen gesteckt. Allerdings gehe ich auch davon aus das bei den höher dotierten Verträgen keine Standardtemplates verwendet werden, sondern die Anwälte von Spieler und Team schon versuchen die Interessen ihrer jeweiligen Mandanten zu optimieren. Die Anwälte und Berater dürften bei den großen Deals sicherlich auch ein hübsches Sümmchen abbekommen.

• Borland wird 75% seines Signing Bonus an die 49ers zurückzahlen.

Zitat

Borland told Face the Nation on Sunday that he’ll return the $463,077 in unearned signing bonus money that he received in 2014, as part of a four-year contract. The amount to be returned exceeds by more than $40,000 the $420,000 base salary Borland was paid a year ago.

Borland will voluntarily return signing bonus

Excuses are for Losers

• Der große Troy Polamula retired:

Zitat

Troy Polamalu called Dan Rooney last night to inform him he was retiring from football.

The Steelers had asked Polamalu to retire in February, but he resisted until the realization came upon him in church this week, the Holy Week of the Greek Orthodox Church.

“It’s all about family,” said Polamalu in a phone interview. “I live here in Pittsburgh now, and since the end of the season I’ve had a chance to enjoy my family on a level I never had before. It was awesome.”

http://www.heraldstandard.com/new_today/pola…5197faf308.html

aikman -> Chrizly (Namensänderung 3.2. 2023)

"So this is how I remember saying goodbye to Bilbo," [a raccoon he had as a kid] Leach wrote. "He wandered 10 yards away or so from the truck, and then he turned and looked at us and kind of had this expression like, 'It was nice knowing ya.' It was this moment where like, both I knew and he knew that we’d had some good times, but this was it. It was onward and upward for both of us."

Mike Leach, Coaching Legend (*1961 +2022)

• Schön zwar, dass er als Steeler retired, aber trotzdem irgendwie zum Heulen. Einer meiner all-time Lieblingsspieler überhaupt.

• Schade. :(
    War auch einer meiner absoluten Lieblingsspieler.

I've labored long and hard for bread, for honor and for riches
    But on my corns too long you've tred, your fine-haired sons-of-bitches.
    [SIZE="1"]Black Bart the po8[/SIZE]

• Titans LB Kamerion Wimbley announces retirement

Auch schon 10 Jahre dabei gewesen. Hab ihn total aus den Augen verloren.

aikman -> Chrizly (Namensänderung 3.2. 2023)

"So this is how I remember saying goodbye to Bilbo," [a raccoon he had as a kid] Leach wrote. "He wandered 10 yards away or so from the truck, and then he turned and looked at us and kind of had this expression like, 'It was nice knowing ya.' It was this moment where like, both I knew and he knew that we’d had some good times, but this was it. It was onward and upward for both of us."

Mike Leach, Coaching Legend (*1961 +2022)