Pittsburgh Steelers Offseason 2006

• Wer auf die Bilder von da oben steht, der sollte nächstes Jahr nach Saison Ende mal nach Dortmund kommen und die Meisterschaft feiern.

coldbeer

Chuck Norris kicks to Devin Hester

*sing*Nie mehr G-Liga, nie mehr nie mehr..., nie mehr G-Liga, nie mehr nie mehr*sing*
    *sing*Nie mehr F-Liga, nie mehr nie mehr..., nie mehr F-Liga, nie mehr nie mehr*sing*

• Zitat von coldbeer

Wer auf die Bilder von da oben steht, der sollte nächstes Jahr nach Saison Ende mal nach Dortmund kommen und die Meisterschaft feiern.

coldbeer

Muhahaahhahahaha...... :jeck::jeck::jeck: Nie wieder...

BMG - CANUCKS - [color=#FF8C00]GIANTS

• So, endlich habens alle unsere Rookies geschafft :)

Zitat

Steelers sign top pick Holmes
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06209/709448-100.stm
    Friday, July 28, 2006
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers came to terms with first-round draft pick Santonio Holmes shortly after 5 p.m. today and the wide receiver was expected to arrive in training camp in Latrobe some time tonight.

Holmes will sign a five-year contract with financial terms not immediately available.
    He was the last of their nine draft picks to come to a contract agreement.

Nach seiner "bewegten" Offseason hat Holmes das einzig richtige gemacht und kommt pünktlich zum Camp ohne holdout, verzögerte Vertragsunterschrift oder sonstigen Mist...

Edith liefert die Vertragsdaten :D
    5 Jahre, $8.11 Mio, davon $4.52 Mio Bonus

• Hallo, bin der Neue und werde mich spätestes nach der Urlaubszeit hier wohl des öfteren rumtreiben.

Zitat von Dante LeRoi

Edith liefert die Vertragsdaten
    5 Jahre, $8.11 Mio, davon $4.52 Mio Bonus

Der Bonus ist doch wohl zusätzlich,ansonsten wäre unsere neue #10 für einen first-rounder extrem billig.

Jedenfalls eine positive Nachricht, jetzt gilt es nur noch zu beweisen, das Santonio Holmes der beste Wide Receiver der Draft war.

Lasse mich gerne positiv überraschen.

it ain´t over till the fat lady sings

• Zitat von STOICA

Hallo, bin der Neue und werde mich spätestes nach der Urlaubszeit hier wohl des öfteren rumtreiben.

Dann mal willkommen an Bo(a)rd :xywave:

Zitat von STOICA

Der Bonus ist doch wohl zusätzlich,ansonsten wäre unsere neue #10 für einen first-rounder extrem billig.

Nope, der Bonus ist da schon mit dabei - steht jedenfalls in allen Berichten so drin...

• Zitat von STOICA

er ist zwar erstrunder, aber nummer 32. mehr ist da schwerlich zu holen.

• Zitat von paelzer

er ist zwar erstrunder, aber nummer 32. mehr ist da schwerlich zu holen.

Nö, #25, aber stimmt natürlich im Prinzip trotzdem ;)

• Camp Report von nem SN-Memmber der vor Ort ist:

-About 9000 people at practice today
    -Haynes looks like a beast, very cut with at least 10 pounds of muscle
    -Ben looked very crisp
    -Didn't get the number, but Haynes absolutely pancaked a LB on a down field block
    -Staley blocks like a turnstyle
    -Cedric Wilson looks very good, as do Ward and Washington
    -Santonio Holmes didn't practice
    -Reid is the first team PR - uses an unorthodox style of trying to catch the ball on the run.
    -Colclough muffed 2 punt returns
    -Humes looks small. Way small
    -Willie Parker has matured and is waiting for holes to develop. Broke a couple long runs by waiting for the hole, then kicking into overdrive
    -Staley looks good, but Haynes is looking better
    -McFadden batted away 3 consecutive passes 2 from Batch, 1 from Omar
    -Colclough had an INT and one pass batted
    -Shane Boyd blows dog and is a 1st round cut
    -Morey sucks at WR - special teams play might not save him
    -Morgan looks sluggish, but manaed to catch a bomb for a TD
    -11 on 11 drills - Ben used a hard count to draw the defense offsides several times.
    -Ben connected on two different broken plays - one of which was a spectacular pass to Ward down the sideline for a big gain
    -Reid is a good downfield blocker, in the mold of Ward
    -No obvious injuries today

• @Dante: Danke für die Insiderinfo, wäre schön, wenn Du in den nächsten Tagen so weiter lieferst... :daumenho: .
    Habe bei Fox - glaube ich - ähnlich gute Kritiken über Nate Washington gelesen; das wäre ja ein Ding, wenn der Wilson oder Holmes abhängt! Bei Morey wissen wir ja, dass der nicht zum Fangen verpflichtet wurde, sein special teams play ist aber fantastisch, deshalb glaube ich schon, dass er bleibt. Was Haynes betrifft, hat der von den Trainern wohl die klare Ansage im Februar gekriegt, ordentlich Dampf zu machen. Als 3rd-down Back muss er einfach noch mehr Power haben, Duce sehe ich zu verletzungsanfällig.

Am Borsigplatz geboren.

• weitere Notes ;)

*The last WR spot will come down to the following: Quincy Morgan, Walter Young, and Sean Morey. At this point in time, I'd say that Young holds a slight advantage over the others but that could change at any moment.

*Verron Haynes, make no mistake about it, wants Jerome Bettis' old job. As I told Dave over the phone, he must have put on 10 lbs of muscle and was very effective in all of his duties today. I would be absolutely shocked if he wasn't used more in this offense for 2006-07.

*Brett Keisel, in the lineman drills, made short work of Marvel Smith on two seperate occassions. His upper body strength, I think, is very underrated. He will be a force like we have not seen under Bill Cowher's tenure, I do believe.

*Casey Hampton is a menace. I'm still in awe of how he pushed around Jeff Hartings and Alan Faneca--both of whom are constant Pro Bowlers of late--during the same drills. There is no doubt that he's the best in the business.

*After I got off the phone with Dave, the offense ran a quick screen to Nate Washington and he is damn impressive. He gets his hands out to receive the ball, rather than letting it come to his chest and wrapping it up, and shows an explosive first step. Everything great that you've heard about him until this point is the gospel.

*Ben Roethlisberger, despite all of the "what if" pieces from ESPN.com and so on, is just fine. Sure he missed a few passes, but he looked very much like the record-setting QB that we have come to love with his ability to make the most out of a broken play.

-----------------------------------------------

Willie Reid looks like a solid prospect who already has the Hines Ward-like mentality about the wide receiver position. On a rushing play where Cedrick Humes was bouncing to the outside, he sealed a block on Clint Kreidwaldt that opened up a nice lane for Humes to accelerate through. To me, it doesn't seem like Reid is reluctant to mix it up...

As a receiver, he does a fine job of reaching out to accept the pass rather than trapping it against his body. He runs nice routes and creates a lot of seperation because of his intimidating speed. He needs to have a little better understanding of the game and he will be a nice addition to the offense.

On punt returns, and as Diamond Dave wrote in the initial post in this thread, he is unorthodox in his punt catching style. Much like an outfielder does in baseball when there's a runner on third tagging-up, Reid lines himself up about 3-5 feet behind where he projects the ball will land. Once it's within reach, he runs up to the ball and is already at full speed a step or two after he has possession.

I don't know if this is a tactic that he will continue to use or if he's just trying it out in camp, but if he is able to master that--combined with his speed--he might make us all forget about Antwaan Randle El very soon.

I like him. He has a lot to learn but if he keeps his head on straight, while continuing to learn from Ward, then the Steeler front office should be charged with robbery...as both 3rd round picks would be absolute steals.

----------------------------------------

Und positive Nachrichten über Santonio Holmes:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=113475

• Netter Artikel auf nfl.com aus Latrobe :thup: *Gänsehaut*

Steelers turn back the hands of time

Zitat

As I stood in the bleachers and watched the buses pull up next to an old steel mill and the players get off with their shoulder pads in hand, I got goose bumps. I was living a dream. For one night, Mr. Rooney and Bill Cowher turned back the hands of time for me and the Steelers fans. I was allowed to take a peek at how it used to be -- and it was awesome.

• Dann will ich euch auch mal Infos zukommen lassen, die ich eben auf Fanball gelesen habe.
    Vielleicht hat ja jemand noch nicht selbst gestöbert in den Weiten des www. :D

Holmes scheint sich vielleicht doch noch als "würdig" zu erweisen, Konti. :hinterha: :D
    Aber mal abwarten, einschätzen kann man ihn sowieso erst, wenn mal ein paar Saison-Spiele absolviert sind.

Zitat von fanball.com

THE NEWS
    Rookie receiver Santonio Holmes has been very impressive thus far in training camp. Holmes has repeatedly flashed the speed that helped him catch 53 passes for 977 yards and 11 touchdowns for Ohio State last season. Several times during camp practices, according to CNNSI, Holmes has beat the opposing cornerback off the line of scrimmage and has shown a knack for getting separation in the secondary. "I was very pleased," OC Ken Whisenhunt said of Holmes' first week. "He was what we thought he would be as far as having good hands, explosive speed and a good route runner."

Bei Ward zwickts wohl etwas im Oberschenkel, aber das ist wohl halb so wild. Im Grunde nichts, worüber man sich Gedanken machen müsste.

Zitat von fanball.com

THE NEWS
    Steelers all-time leading receiver Hines Ward is nursing a pulled hamstring. "Hines Ward tweaked a hamstring yesterday during the one-minute drill," Bill Cowher told Steelers.com. "We'll see how he is next week and then go day-to- day."

Nachdem ich gestern nacht (und heute morgen) das HoF-Game angesehen habe, kann ich nur sagen: Die Saison kann kommen, ich bin schon wuschig und mit NASN bestens gerüstet. :D

• Nate Washington der diesjährige Willie Parker? :lupe:
    Muss man abwarten, aber immerhin bekmmt er momentan trotz der Rückkehr von Ced ins Training Reps mit der 1st team offense :)

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtr…s/s_464964.html

Zitat

One of those good things occurred yesterday when Roethlisberger hooked up with wide receiver Nate Washington on a perfectly thrown 60-yard touchdown pass. The play, which came in 11-on-11 drills, resulted in Washington getting behind cornerback Ike Taylor and safety Ryan Clark. Roethlisberger feathered the ball into Washington's arms.

"I've been told I have a little speed on this team, so I guess he'll be looking for me on the deep ball," Washington said. "He told me he wanted to make a play."

Roethlisberger completed 5-of-6 passes in an early round of 11-on-11 activity. Two of those completions were to Washington. Roethlisberger went 6 for 6 in 7-on-7 drills, then completed 3-of-4 passes in another 11-on-11 session. Again, two of those completions were to Washington.

"I didn't have a concern about Ben coming into camp," Washington said. "He's a strong guy, and he's strong-minded. I knew he'd bounce back."

Und noch ein wirklich netter Artikel darüber, wer warum im Camp mit wem zusammenwohnt - sehr lesenswert :jeck:
    http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_464962.html

• Chukky Okobi hat ne Verletzung an der Halswirbelsäule die wahrscheinlich seine Saison und möglicherweise seine Karriere beendet :eek: :no:

Get well soon, Chukky... :marge

• Zitat von Dante LeRoi

Chukky Okobi hat ne Verletzung an der Halswirbelsäule die wahrscheinlich seine Saison und möglicherweise seine Karriere beendet :eek: :no:

Get well soon, Chukky... :marge

Da kann man sich nur anschliessen. Hoffentlich packt er es wieder, zumindest in der nächsten Saison. :marge

• Das sieht aber gar nicht gut aus :eek: .

Schade für ihn

"I'm not singing anything"; Jack Lambert, training camp 1974

Tradition ist etwas Wichtiges, aber es ist nicht der Hauptzweck des Lebens, Helmut Schmidt

I'm old, but not obsolete, Paps

• Oh Mist. Der war der personalisierte Backup, immer dabei, immer Einsatz, immer mit Hoffnung auf mehr .... :eek:
    Schöne Scheisse .... :(

Formely known as "MaG". That´s all.

• gute Nachrichten :)

Zitat

Outlook better for Steelers' Okobi

Wednesday, August 09, 2006
    By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Backup center Chukky Okobi had surgery today to repair a herniated disk in his neck and the Steelers are optimistic the injury is not as bad as first feared.
    Less than 24 hours after saying Okobi's injury could be career-threatening, Coach Bill Cowher said today it is possible Okobi could even return to play this season, possibly in eight weeks, pending the results of the surgery.
    "It may not be as bad as I thought," Cowher said. "We're hopeful." The surgery was performed by team neurosurgeon Dr. Joseph Maroon

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06221/712226-100.stm

• weiss jemand neues von Mike Kudla, seit dem er als undrafted rookie unterzeichnet hat hab ich nichts mehr gehört. Würde mich interessieren

• Richard Seigler macht im Moment eher auf sich aufmerksam, was den ILB-Spot angeht. Der wurde 2004 von den 49ers gedraftet, und könnte Ryan Wallace rauswerfen. Bin mal gespannt.

Formely known as "MaG". That´s all.

• Ben hat mal wieder nen Daumen ;)
    Hoffentlich nix ernstes...

Zitat

Ben Roethlisberger's first hit came Saturday in Arizona. His first injury came yesterday in practice.

No defender was to blame, and the injury to his hand or thumb did not appear to be serious. The quarterback hit another player on his follow-through after throwing a pass near the end of afternoon practice.

"I think he hit his thumb on the next-to-last play on a shoulder pad," coach Bill Cowher said. "We'll look at that, assess it and I'll probably have more information tomorrow."

Roethlisberger shook his right hand after he hit it. The incident is a normal one involving quarterbacks in practice, although on rare occasions they come away with a broken bone in their hand.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06229/714194-66.stm